Friday, August 5, 2016

The Boy Next Door By Laura Dower

Published By: Scholastic
Genre: Middle Grade
Source: Book Swap
Series: Candy Apple
Rating:



Summary:

A sassy twist on the evolving middle-school friendship between Taryn and Jeff, the boy next door, told from their alternating points of view. One of the first titles in the new CANDY APPLE line!

Taryn and Jeff have lived next door to each other their whole lives. It never really seemed to matter that they were a girl and a boy -- they were just friends. But when they hit sixth grade, everything changes . . . whether they want it to or not.

My Thoughts:

Same deal from Remarkable happened here. It was just not great. But I'm not saying it's horrible it waas just blech.

Honestly this was worst than Remarkable. Yes this is short. So, I read this in a day. It wasn't boring. But not a page-turner.

The beginning and middle was okay, but then the end was just... blech. It wasn't even an ending. It was not even an ending!

Re-readability: 

HECK NO

Recommendation:

The thing is I feel like it's for 7 and 8 year olds. Except it's about crushes, not intense, but when I was 8 I could care less about boys so......
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment