Monday, August 8, 2016

Book Blurbs

Book blurbs, admit it. They've increased the chance of you picking up a book. I don't blame you, I've done it numerous times.

Bad Examples:
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)My dad bought me this book about five years ago, but I never bothered to read it, but recently I was looking through the book, and I noticed Neil Gaiman wrote a blurb. I immediately read it. And let's just say I was highly disappointed.


Recently Youtube star Ariel Bissett bought a book just because her favorite YA author, AS King, blurbed it. And let's just say she was a bit disappointed.

Good Examples:

But book blurbs aren't always misleading. Many people find out about an author through another author. Example:

If I love John Green, and Green blurbs Rainbow Rowell, I'll most likely enjoy Rainbow Rowell.


Final Thoughts:

I don't think you should buy a book only because of the blurb. Blurbs can be misleading sometimes.

Think about it this way, if somebody asked you to blurb a book, would you? If you didn't enjoy it, would you at least try to put together the good parts of the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment