Monday, August 1, 2016

The Giver

The Giver (The Giver, #1)By Lois Lowry
Published By: Ember
Genre: YA/Dystopian
Source: Bought

Rating:



Summary (do I really need to do this?!)


Jonas's world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.


My Thoughts:
Before I start, I'd like to say, this is a reread!

LET'S ORGANIZE, SHALL WE?

Relateableness (is that a real word?) :
I didn't notice there were so many relateable lines the first time reading through it, but I noticed lots of things that I can connect to personal experiences this time through.

Something I Loved:
The writing style, the first time I read it was about 2 years ago, so I didn't remember how good was the writing! Well, I knew the story was good, the characters were great, but I had forgotten the unique writing style.

Re-readability:
I don't reread a lot but, I think that I'm gonna read this a least once a year.

Who I Recommend This To:
EVERYONE!!!! Even if you don't like reading. You'll love this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment