Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Kidnapped: The Abduction By Gordon Korman

The Abduction (Kidnapped, #1)Published: Scholastic
Genre: Middle Grade
Source: Paperback Swap
Page Count: 144
Rating: 

BUY THE BOOK                 GOODREADS

Synopsis:
Gordon Korman offers another edge-of-your-seat action/adventure in a return to the trilogy format that sold more than 1 million copies of Island, Everest, and Dive. 
It's every brother's worst fear: As Aiden and his sister Meg are walking home from school one day, a van pulls over and Meg is kidnapped. There's no way for Aiden to stop it from happening. He's the only witness to his sister's disappearance.
Why has Meg been kidnapped? Is it for ransom? As a vendetta against Meg and Aiden's parents? Or is there an even bigger conspiracy at work?
While Meg fends off her kidnappers and plans an escape, Aiden must team up with the FBI to try to find her--tracking down clues only a brother could recognize.

My Thoughts:
I was terrified to read this book. Don't worry, it's not scary. I was just scared it would be scary. My issue is that my greatest fear is being kidnapped. I held off reading this book for a while, but I was glad I read it. 


I only found out there was a prequel series after finishing the book. But I understood everything. 

The book was nice. Not perfect, but did it's job. It kept me occupied during a road trip and made me turn the pages. 

Meg was independent, smart, brave and strong. She was doing everything she could to escape.

Aiden was also very brave, towards the end of the book especially. 

RE-readability:
Not big, as I've said before, I'm not a big rereader.

Recommend To:
8-12 year olds. A lot of middle grade books are suited for teens, this one can suit a teen too, but I think it was written mostly for tweens.

Final Thoughts:
I would love to read the two other books in the trilogy, maybe if I find them at a used bookstore or something. But I don't see myself buying it in the forseeable future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment