Tuesday, August 16, 2016

American Idol By Shirley Halpirin

American Idol: Celebrating 10 Years
Series: None
Publisher/Year: March 1st 2011 by Harry N. Abrams
Genre: Non-Fiction
Format: Hardcover
Source: Gifted


Goodreads • Twitter  




The Back Cover:
Straight from the photo vault of America's number-one show, American Idol: Celebrating 10 Years, is the official photographic celebration of the first ten years of the television show that changed the face of music and popular culture throughout the world. Vaulting contestants from obscurity to mega stardom in a sensational display, this book celebrates the countless memorable moments over the past decade. With more than seven hundred images--beginning with Kelly Clarkson from the season one finale, to highlights of fan favorites, zany auditioners, the judge's best moments, and everything in between--this book is the ultimate visual history of American Idol. Many never-before-published images from behind the scenes, on stage, in the dressing room, and unforgettable performances, make this collection the ultimate collector's item for every American Idol fan. 


AfterShock:
Honestly, I didn't feel an aftershock, I didn't REALLY feel anything. I was't too excited; but I didn't hate it either. I guess I would call it neutral.

My Thoughts:
I've never been much of an American Idol fan but, I have watched a couple episodes. Even though obviously scripted; it's still entertaining (television right?).

When I first received this gift I looked through the pages and it looked like a fun, quick read. It's full of pictures but still plenty of text.

At first I zoomed through the first couple of chapters which were about the show in general. The book was pretty cool. 


After a while it started getting boring. As I already said; I'm not much of an American Idol fan. The next chapters were suddenly ALL about the contestants and all that jazz. I didn't really care because I didn't know any of these people! I didn't watch their seasons!

Of course it was still pretty cool to see how famous stars like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson's started off.

My Rating: 



Factors For Rating:
                        

+ Fun to discover how some stars started. Enjoyed learning about past judges      and the reality shows history. I liked the layout.

More of a personal preference; but too much information on contestants and not as many info on the actual show.


 Who I Would Recommend It To:
Anybody who has American Idol on their DVR haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment