Monday, August 22, 2016

Always Abigail

Always, Abigail
Always Abigail by Shirley Halperin
Series: None
Publisher/Year: August 5th 2014 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Genre: Middle Grade
Format: Hardcover
Source: Publisher

Goodreads • Twitter


The Back Cover:
Abigail and her two best friends are poised for a life of pom-poms and popularity. But not only does Abigail end up in a different homeroom, she doesn't make the squad. Then everyone's least favorite teacher pairs Abigail up with the school's biggest outcast, Gabby Marco, for a year-long "Friendly Letter Assignment." Abigail can hardly believe her bad luck. As her so-called best friends and entire future of popularity seems to be slipping away, Abigail has to choose between the little bit of fame she has left or letting it go to be a true friend. 

AfterShock:
I had no idea whatsoever it would be good. Honestly, when I got asked by the publisher to review this; it took me a while to know if I should actually say yes.
I thought that this would be just another middle school disaster story that everyone has read enough of.
But, it was better than most.

My Thoughts:
This is a quick, fun read. I read it in one sitting. Yes, it was one of those middle school disaster stories. Just like every other book; best friend ditches her. This time her best friend ditches her for the popular group. Cliche right?
But I did promise this book was better than the other middle school disaster books. And it was. That's because this book didn't drag on and on about how miserable Abigail was and blahblah.
I thought it was very unique to have the book told entirely in lists. A cool spin on the usual diary type books.
Also, Abigail was relateable. Come on guys; who didn't have a best friend who ditched you?

No comments:

Post a Comment