Monday, July 18, 2016

Marissa Meyer Interview

http://www.marissameyer.com/

Recently, I had the opportunity to interview Marissa Meyer! Here is some information on the author:

"Marissa Meyer is an American novelist. Her debut novel, Cinder, was released on January 3, 2012. It is the first in her series The Lunar Chronicles"

Without further ado, here's my interview with Marissa Meyer!


Julia: Did you like fairy tales as a child?

Marissa: Yes! My obsession started when I was about five and I got to go see Disney's "The Little Mermaid" in theaters. I completely fell in love with the movie, so a little while later, my grandmother gave me a book of fairy tales. The first story in that book was "The Little Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen, and I read it and realized - Disney lied! The story isn't anything like the movie. I was really shocked, and it led to a curiosity about what the other fairy tales might be like and how they might be different from the movies. I've been in fascinated with classic fairy tales ever since.

Julia: What's your Lunar Chronicles dream cast?

Marissa: That's tough! I tend to think of the characters as their own unique people, so it's difficult trying to line them up with real-life actors. Some fancastings that I've really loved, though, is Shay Mitchell for Cinder, Emma Stone for Scarlet, and Evanna Lynch for Cress. I'm still waiting to find my perfect Winter...


Cinder
Scarlet
Cress
Winter

Julia: Favorite books and authors?

Marissa: There are so many! This year, I was absolutely mad about THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski and RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo - an epic finale to an epic series!


Julia: Have you always wanted to be an author?

Marissa: I have - being a professional writer is a dream come true for me. I always had an overactive imagination growing up, and I loved to read and immerse myself in books, and I always wanted to go on dreaming about the stories and characters even after the book was over. As soon as I realized that writing stories was a job that people could do, I knew that was the job for me. Now it's so amazing to me to hear from readers who have a strong connection to my books, like I did to the books I loved as a kid. It never stops being surreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment