Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Respect For Acting


Respect for ActingRespect For Acting By Uta Hagen
Published By: John Wiley and Sons
Genre: Non-Fiction/Theater
# Of Pages: 226
Source: Bought
Buy The Book   Goodreads
Synopsis:
This fascinating and detailed book about acting is Miss Hagen's credo, the accumulated wisdom of her years spent in intimate communion with her art. It is   at once the voicing of her exacting standards for herself and those she [taught], and an explanation of the means to the end.

Reaction Upon Finishing:

GOD SHE'S MEAN! Hagen is brutally honest. When she talks, you feel as if it goes directly at you!

Thoughts:This book taught me A LOT for being so short. Hagen would teach while giving examples of things that have happened to her. She had a whole chapter dedicated to little exercises she  made up. Another thing I noticed that I liked but I don't think everybody would like is her stubbornness. I felt like she was literally yelling at ME! That's something I love in books; feeling connected to the characters. Or in this case the  narrator.   

My Rating:


Re-readability:
Definitely! This is a guide that I will use FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment