Monday, June 13, 2016

Sailor Moon Volume 1

Sailor Moon, Vol. 01 Published By: Toykopop
 Genre: Manga/Fantasy
 Pages: 200
 Source: Bought


  Buy The Book  Goodreads

Synopsis:
One of the most-beloved of all Japanese manga titles, Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon has enthralled millions of readers worldwide since its debut in book form in early 1992. When Bunny Tsukino adopts a stray cat, she gets more than she bargains for the talking cat, Luna, informs Bunny that she is actually Sailor Moon, a magical princess from the future and protector of the Solar System. With the help of her new friends, the Sailor Scouts, and the mysterious Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Moon embarks on a quest to save us all from the evil powers of the Negaverse

My Thoughts:

                                                       WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
I had a little trouble understanding the story, sometimes that was because I'm not used to reading manga. But usually the book would just change scenes out of nowhere and I would get confused. I wish I knew Japanese names; because it was very hard to memorize names when I couldn't even pronounce them! But I think that all of these complaints are because of my muggleness (is that even a word?!) to manga.

                      
                                                              WHAT I LOVED
The story! Imagine that you find a cute cat that tells you you're a super hero! Like, WHAT?! And suddenly you're embarking on a quest with a whole bunch of people you don't even know! Double WHAT?!?

I also really love the characters, they are highly like-able! And yes there is a love triangle ;)

And guys, who doesn't love Sailor Moon?

                                                                   OVERALL
I honestly thought it was a great way to enter the manga world and I will definitely be reading more Sailor Moon! I may or may not have already bought the second volume. *Hint hint*

                                                                RATING



                                                   
                                                          GIPHABLE

                                                   sailor moon animated GIF
 

                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment